The Pilot Program is closed to new project applicants; however, eligible health care providers (HCPs) can still join existing projects. HCPs interested in joining a project can search the list of selected participants.
Health care providers must be public or non-profit health care providers of the types listed below:
- Post-secondary educational institutions offering health care instruction, such as teaching hospitals and medical schools,
- Community health centers or health centers providing health care to migrants,
- Local health departments or agencies,
- Community mental health centers,
- Not-for-profit hospitals,
- Rural health clinics,
- Consortia of HCPs consisting of one or more of the above entities,
- Dedicated emergency departments of rural for-profit hospitals, and
- Part-time eligible entities located in facilities that are ineligible.
Contact USAC's RHC Help Desk at (800) 453-1546 for assistance in determining your eligibility.
Examples of Non-Eligible HCPs
Non-eligible HCPs include any for-profit institutions (except as noted above) or any health care provider types not listed above. Examples of non-eligible facilities include:
- Private physician offices or clinics,
- Nursing homes or other long-term care facilities (e.g., assisted living facilities),
- Residential substance abuse treatment facilities,
- Emergency medical service facilities (e.g., rescue squads, ambulance services)
- For-profit hospitals,
- Home health agencies,
- Blood banks,
- Social service agencies, and
- Community centers, vocational rehabilitation centers, youth centers.